Draft Vision and Objectives
Our Parish will continue to be an outstanding place in which to live and work. Any future development will protect and enhance its semi-rural character, landscape, connected green spaces and access to the countryside, for the enjoyment of all.
Aim and Objectives
The aim of the Neighbourhood Plan is to preserve the character and sustainability of this semi-rural parish by the following objectives:
- preserve and protect the existing open spaces, landscape and heritage assets much valued by residents and visitors
- conserve and enhance the River Bourne and its environs
- protect and improve biodiversity in the Parish and respond to the climate crisis
- encourage the farming community to continue to be a significant part of the Parish economy and an important contributor to and guardian of the landscape and environment
- ensure that the community has a say in the type, location, scale and design of future housing development in the parish, whether to meet local needs or a strategic allocation under the Local Plan
- encourage business and industry to make best use of the land in the Parish set aside for this purpose to the benefit of the Parish
- seek to ensure that any future development in the Parish is supported by the implementation of a complementary and structured approach to infrastructure
- support the provision of community services and facilities which benefit the Parish, including health and wellbeing aspects
- ensure that neighbourhood plan policies, whilst protecting the setting of our schools in the wider landscape, do not unduly restrict them from continuing to provide excellent education for the young people of our Parish and the surrounding area
- support improvements to public transport and foot/cycle path links within and between the Parish and key destinations
- encourage the implementation of schemes which reduce the impact of traffic within the Parish without compromising the other objectives.